Monday 23 January 2012

The WOW factor

Miracle worker?


It's rare that a product makes me go 'wow', but Kiehl's new Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate (bit of a mouthful I know) is something to be seen and tested.

Lord knows what they put in this thing (Glycerin, Propylene Glycol and Vitamin C if you must know) but after massaging a little all over my face, my skin took on a porcelain-like smoothness and my fine lines had va-va-voomed?!

The concentrate has the consistency of a thick moisturising cream but is absorbed quickly into the skin, without leaving any kind of residue (providing you don't overdo it).

The thing you'll notice instantly though, is that it feels like a thermal mask. I found this unnerving at first (why does it do that?) but the sensation doesn't last long. (I've written to Kiehl's to ask about the heat bit - will update as soon as I get a response!)

As with all serums / moisturisers, I'd recommend testing a sample on your skin before you commit to buying the full-size product. If you work in Central London, why not pop over to the Kiehl's store on Monmouth St (just off Seven Dials). The staff are always lovely in there and have good knowledge of the products. The legendary Monmouth Coffee is also just a couple of doors down, and well worth a visit if you're a coffee fiend like me.

(RRP: £49, reduced from £53 from the Kiehl's website)

So that's my new little miracle-worker. Do you have a miracle-in-a-bottle?

No comments:

Post a Comment