Thursday 1 March 2012

And so my obsession with fig continues

Lust

I've always had a slight obsession with figs, forever yearning for the summer months when they're perfectly ripe and bursting out of their skins. But I never thought my obsession would extend this far...

That was until a very good friend of mine pulled something out of her make-up bag which caused me, quite literally, to gasp.

You are no doubt already familar with the name Diptyque (that Parisian brand of luxury scented candles and heady colognes)... but did you know one of their signature scents - the heavenly and oh-so-mediterranean Philosykos - is available as a solid perfume? My thoughts exactly. Stop the press.


This solid perfume is encased in a 'shiny black zamak* case, engraved with the iconic diptyque oval' and is ideal for travelling, or when you need a quick touch-up.
* "a family of alloys with a base metal of zinc and alloying elements of aluminium, magnesium and copper".  Basically, all you need to know is that it's heavy and feels reassuringly solid/expensive!


The Philosykos Solid Perfume is available at SpaceNK and at other online stockists (RRP £28). There are also 3 other Diptyque solid perfumes in the range including L'Ombre dans L'Eau, Eau Duelle and Do Son.

The Philosykos eau de toilette has long been a favourite of resident beauty columnist for Guardian Weekend, Sali Hughes and I have a sneaking suspicion it may soon become one of mine.

Laura Mercier's super rich Fresh Fig Body Butter

Another of my favourite fig-scented beauty must-haves is Laura Mercier's Fresh Fig Body Butter which is gorgeous when massaged into arms and legs before a night out. Available from John Lewis and SpaceNK (RRP £26). The Fresh Fig range also includes an eau de toilette, a hand cream, a body scrub, a honey bath, a creme body wash and a body soufflĂ©!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Natalie!
    I love your blog. I always follow it. And I am a guy - so there!
    What I really like is that it gives me great ideas for how to give my wife nice treats out of the blue. You do the hard work and I end up with a delicious figgy wife, so thank you!
    More guys should follow your blog to reap similar benefits.
    Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete