Monday 17 February 2014

When one door closes...

aviola.com/breakupquotes

Two weeks ago my laptop was stolen from a noisy pub in Shepherd's Market.

For some bizarre reason (and very unlike me) I decided not to rest it on my lap as I normally do but rather, wedge it between the wall and the stool. I mean, I didn't even wrap the bag strap around the leg of the stool. What was I thinking??

As my dear friend B and I sat there gassing away the realisation that someone had stolen it suddenly hit me like a bucket of cold water and I just knew it had gone even before I looked down.

:(

That, coupled with the fact it's been quite a six months...well, it would have been very easy for me to start a downward spiral.

'When one door closes another opens'
Those of you who know me will know that I'm a sucker for affirmations and positive thinking. It doesn't come naturally and I really have to work on it but I truly believe in its power.

Losing my laptop, as upsetting as it was, has meant I've had to use my iPad more to blog and to my surprise (and with the help of a devilish little gadget called the Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard!), I actually find it a lot easier. 

Similarly, but on a much more profound level, heart-breaking situations of recent months (the breakup of a four year relationship) have opened up the way for moments of pure joy (watching my one year old nephew take his first steps).

I've not revealed my favourite Charlotte Tilbury product* in this post but I hope I've reminded you to look for the positive in every situation. Because it's always there. 

* coming soon

No comments:

Post a Comment