Sunday 30 November 2014

Makeup To Ice Skate In - with Poppy Loves


Last Saturday my dear friend Popsicle (that's not really her name) and I went ice skating at the Natural History Museum. I was telling her I'd been to Somerset House the week before and we'd gotten to talking about what makeup one should wear for such an outing. Rather than tell her the who, what and why we decided it would be a good idea if I showed her!

Popsicle, aka Poppy, is the author of poppyloves.co.uk - a brilliantly entertaining London lifestyle blog. Poppy writes about all kinds of things from places to go, to things to see, do and eat (she's always eating scrumptious cakes and drinking tea). 

You can read about the makeup look I did for Poppy here but in short here's how I decided what to go for and what to use:
  • Ice rinks are like giant mirrors so even on a cloudy day it's a good idea to wear a high-ish SPF (e.g. SPF 30)
  • It's fun and not to mention scary if you're a relative newbie to the ice like me so go easy on the foundation. You don't want it dripping down your face half way through the skate! (everybody gets hot, even the ones that seem to be related to Jayne Torvill).
  • Poppy has amazing almond shaped eyes and fantastic brows (soooo not jealous) so I opted for a classic eyeliner flick (gel pot liner like this one) and slightly bolder, groomed brows.
  • Lastly, her bright hat was just calling out for a bright lip so we opted for her new MAC lippie in 'Chili' which complimented her bobble hat perfectly (TIP: it's always a good idea with reds not to go too matchy-matchy).

You can read the full article here (and there might just be another one coming soon... Watch this space :)

Photo credit: poppyloves.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment