Tuesday 13 August 2013

Dewy summer skin


English Rosa

My friend Rosa Hoskins-Holt (who is also a styling genius by the way) is pretty gorgeous it has to be said. So when we decided to film a makeup and styling tutorial together I couldn't wait to suggest that she model for the video.

We spent a couple of hours one Saturday filming our first video - a 'how to' on creating the perfect summer skin.

Summer skin is all about keeping it light and airy...subtly dewy without looking hot and bothered, light contouring and just a hint of blush.

Here is a list of the products I used to create this dewy, ethereal look:

Dewy summer skin:

So what's the secret to this look?
- apply each product in thin layers
- use your fingers to pat and blend

Are you super pale?
Estée Lauder's Day Wear Sheer Tint Release is a gorgeous product (smells divine by the way). I love wearing it in the summer as it gives my skin a healthy, dewy glow. My one watch out would be if you're pale like me, to mix it with your regular tinted moisturiser/foundation as it can look brown (or worse, dirty) on its own when worn on pale skin. Be sure to blend a little down the neck line when you wear it.

What's your go-to summer product? I'd love to know...

No comments:

Post a Comment