Thursday 23 January 2014

3 Aussie Beauty Brands Worth Knowing



I've just returned from a two-month stay in Australia...(I know, please don't hurl rotten tomatoes at me)...catching up with my family and trying my best to avoid unsightly tan lines (tick).

During my visit one or two Aussie skincare and makeup brands caught my beady eye. Thought I'd share a couple worth knowing...


Lucas' Paw Paw
Lots of you will already be familiar with the cult red packaging but it's still worth a mention.

Once a celebrity staple, you can now spot Lucas' iconic tube peeking out of most handbags. This handy, all purpose balm is enriched with the Carica Papaya fruit, a fruit that's bursting with vitamins and minerals. In my opinion, a better bang for your buck than Vaseline and readily available in the UK from The PawpawShop. Prices start at just £4.35. Great for kids too.
NATIO Mineral Bronzing and Highlighter Duo
Natio
Natio is a fabulous, reasonably priced Aussie brand that's now available in the UK at Debenhams and Tesco Direct (hip hip!). Offering skincare and colour its products combine the 'finest natural ingredients with 100% pure essential oil blends'. 

Having had a good look at their range in Melbourne I decided to invest in their wonderful mineral bronzing and highlighter duo and am loving the effect it has on my skin.  Some powder highlighters can be quite drying but this one blends effortlessly and doesn't settle into fine lines. 

Note: Natio's Mineral Bronzing and Highlighter Duo isn't yet showing on Debenham's or Tesco's websites but I doubt it will be long!


Invisible Zinc
It was an Australian friend of mine who first introduced me to Invisible Zinc (thanks Jac!).

Invisible Zinc is an Aussie brand offering clear and tinted SPF products that use a non-chemical SPF, namely zinc oxide.

I was looking for a high SPF during my trip and decided to try Invisible Zinc's tinted daywear moisturiser SPF 30 in 'Light'. I was impressed with the dewy finish it gave my skin although less is definitely more. I would like to try their Tinted Lip and Cheek Balm next (see above).

Invisible Zinc is currently available* at our very own Selfridges and is promoted by the most leggy of brand ambassadors, Jerry Hall and Georgia May Jagger.


* Selfridges website is showing out of stock but worth asking in store

How about you, have you tried any of the Down Under brands mentioned above? What did you think?

A note on KIT:
Kit Cosmetics (see top image) sadly isn't available in the UK but it can be purchased online. A cross between MAC and Space NK's own range, Kit's products are surprisingly affordable and with great colour pay-off.

A note on BECCA:
I have omitted Becca from this post partly because it's been covered a lot by other beauty bloggers and partly because I think it deserves its own post! More to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment