Friday 29 June 2012

My top 3 beauty picks for Summer

If you wear liquid foundation, you gotta try this stuff

Hi guys, hope you're all enjoying the lovely warm weather today? (And if you're anything like me, you'll be simultaneously suppressing the very British tendency to complain about it...what's with that?).

Here are 3 products I am loving this Summer...

1. Ginvera's BB Cream (see pic above). If you wear liquid foundation or tinted moisturiser, you simply have to try this product.

I was sent some Ginvera BB cream to try by the lovely people at Janiro.co.uk after they saw me discussing summer foundations on twitter and, in spite of being a BB cream sceptic (how can one product do ALL that), I decided to give it a whirl.  I'm now 3 days in and am quite blown away.

The Ginvera BB cream is part of the Singaporean Ginvera Green Tea skin care range (Harvey Nicks have recently started stocking it which is always a good sign).

I'm naturally quite pale and the cream comes out fairly warm so I was convinced it would look too dark on me, but, after blending it in, the cream seemed to adapt to my skin tone?? I probably wouldn't use it in winter because it does leave my skin ever-so-slightly tanned, but with built-in SPF 30 it's perfect for summer.

You only need the teeniest amount (about the size of a 5p piece). I blend it in with my MAC 188 Small Duo Fibre brush (a dream of a brush if you've never tried it).

Why's Ginvera BB cream so good?
- provides flawless coverage, minimising scaring and fine lines
- oil control properties provide a natural matte finish
- revitalises the skin with essential nutrients
- SPF 30 PA++
- long lasting

Check it out for yourself and let me know what you think! RRP £20.
NB: not for lovers of an über-matte finish and I'd be hesitant to recommend it for brides, but as an everyday base it certainly gets my vote.





2. Next up is St. Tropez's Everyday Gradual Tan for Face (Light/Medium)

I bought this aaaages ago and recently came across it during a bathroom clear out. It's also Wedding Season at the moment and a number of my clients have mentioned they've been using it in the run-up to their wedding.

What's it got going for it? It's cheap-ish (£12.15 if you buy from feelunique.com) and great if the idea of using fake tan on your face fills you with absolute dread. The moisturising gradual tan infused with aloe vera, vitamin E and St. Tropez's innovative Aromaguard (which claims to 'eliminate the tell-tale self tan aroma by a minimum of 70%). 

My only bug-bear with it is that it can feel quite greasy on the skin after application (and for as much as the smell is masked, it's not completely hidden Mr. St. Tropez!). I've taken to wearing it at night (so it doesn't annoy me during the day) and the results are stunning: a subtle yet convincing tan.

TIP: If using at night, apply after gentle exfoliation when the skin is squeaky clean. Don't forget to take it down the neck line.
3. Last but by no means least... Shu Uemura's Cream Eye Shadow (Pearl Beige)

Hands up those who avoid wearing eye shadow during the day - and particularly during the summer months - because of the inevitable crease which comes after just 2 hours wear? (I know, such a bore). Well let me introduce you to Shu Uemura's range of cream eye shadows. Makeup artists the world over have been raving about these little beauties for a while now and I can see why. Long-wearing and highly pigmented, these shimmery eye colours provide a wash of colour which will not crease. Perfect when you're in a hurry in the morning and fancy a little something on the eyes instead of the usual mascara-only look.

Available at Space NK, Harvey Nicks, Liberty's, Selfridges and at the Shu Uemura store on Neal Street (Covent Garden). RRP: £19

Are there any products you just can't get enough of this Summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment