Wednesday 15 October 2014

Brow-maze!


Great things come in small packages

OK. Worst title yet....but hear me out. I LOVE this product.

It arrived a couple of months ago, nestled in the ridiculous packaging that comes with my monthly Glossybox (guys, seriously...can you make the box smaller or something? Or better still, deliver the surprise samples in a silicone food bag like this one?! OK. Maybe not silicone. Something biodegradable).

Where was I...

Yes! Little did I know this unassuming product would change my life irrevocably (I do not offer up those words lightly). One minute I'm happy as Larry, taking care to apply an oh-so-subtle layer of MAC's 'Omega' eye shadow (£13, perfect for blondes), using my all-time favourite brow brush (Illamasqua shhh)...and the next I've ditched them both* in favour of my GoFaster brow mascara!

*not really ditched forever. That would be stupid. They've simply been reassigned to the Evening Makeup Box.






With my browsings on. Pretty subtle hey?

Why it works:
- small brush applicator (about half the size of a mascara wand)
- just the right shade (not too dark and the right side of 'greige'. Comes in Light to Med and Dark)
- quick drying gel formula makes my brows appear fuller (hurray!)

Who are ModelCo?
Australian company, founded by former model booking agent, Shelley Barrett.

Where can I buy?
Hmm, that's a tricky one. It's currently unavailable on Amazon and Glossybox don't sell directly. You can order it from Australia for £9 (cost of the full size product) plus £5 shipping. That's about the same as Benefit's Gimme Brow (£17.50) which looks suspiciously similar (I wonder if they the same?)

Either way, having previously been sceptical of brow mascaras, particularly as I have very light brows, I'm newly converted to the concept and am enjoying making it part of my daily makeup routine.

Do you have a favourite brow product? Are you a pencil, powder or a gel gal? I'd love to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment